little thoughts (copy-pasted)

15 February 2007

little thoughts

currently coveting

  • blazer that fits- a real blazer none of this girl blazer business. like a woman's sportcoat. that fits. well, fits ME. it might be asking too much, but black would be nice. check!
  • those evisu jeans that every hot exchange student at uvic is wearing. srsly! where can anyone get those? do i REALLY have to go to Japan?
  • The canada post cardigan that Duncan and I's boyfriend at the UVSS info booth in the sub has. is all the canada post accoutrement that suave?
  • a very wide brimmed floopy hat. you know the kind. also in black. so floopy that you can't recognize me when i wear it. how well with that go with raybans?
  • Manny made a bong out of that flamingo lawn decoration he had.
I'm over
  • flats of any kind. even my super cute keds with the cherries on them (thanks mischa barton). everybody went so overboard with the flats look that I literally can't stomach it any longer.. ok at least youre done with the uggs, but keep it real, ya hurr! Listen to Vice. Heels or trainers. that's it. get rid of those silly suede boots y'all are wearing while youre at it. clearly this is just my opinion, but Come On people!
  • double-breasted anything. Especially on women. Women with breasts can't wear double breasted anything.
  • YOU CAN'T WEAR TIGHTS AS CLOTHES. YOU NEED TO EITHER WEAR PANTS, A SKIRT, SHORTS OR A DRESS WITH THOSE. TIGHTS DO NOT CONSTITUTE APPROPRIATE CLOTHING. EVEN IF YOU HAVE A LONG-ISH TANK TOP THINGIE ON TOP. I DON'T CARE. GET DRESSED, GIRL!
  • backpacks. obviously i never use them (ew) but they have actually finally started to bother me on other people too. You tell me "they're useful". whateva. do you seriously need to be carrying 1000 lbs worth of books to school with you every day? no, you don't
I am ambivalent
  • other people can wear bright colours if they want.
  • you all can even wear flared jeans, snowboard jackets, flip flops (in summer ONLY) and baseball caps if you want.
  • lulu lemon. seriously, i lost the fight. it was a difficult battle and I concede that i lost (terribly) and that if all of you want to wear lululemon then whatever. at least i dont have to. all you boys out there, you seem to have given in to the point where you are wearing that stuff now too. again, ambivalence is the only option i have left. fine.
disclaimer
now, i realize that this is all a bunch of bullshit. but whats the point of my having a blog if i can't tell you what I think. especially if i can do it uninterrupted.
I know that i have a uniform of black white and muted beige and camel (other than the colourful silk scarves) and that I really am'nt in a position to preach to you about what to wear/not wear. All i know is that I have some form of taste (good or bad, you decide).. and my angst directed towards those committing the aforementioned offenses is just for fun.

5 comments:

michelle said...

Evisu jeans are at El Kartel, on Robson.

Veronica said...

oh i know.. and a couple of other places now, too.
but the pricetag is holding me back now, rather than geographical availability.
the difference between $200 and $350 jeans is.. significant.

michelle said...

I understand. That's why I don't have Acne jeans.

Also I argue that boots are equally essential in one's shoe repertoire. I would be shoeless if not for boots.

PS I adore you

Veronica said...

thanks for commenting! the fact that you enjoy my ramblings and weird record of my internet exploration delights me.

michelle said...

I do a lot of procrastinating; this is totally one of my favourite ways. I try to limit my commenting, so as not to seem all blog-stalker-ish

ps Stephan says "i miss you"