NYFW -- My Favorite Looks

Dear friends,
We've all been keeping an eye on what's been going at at NY fashion week,
despite being busy with everything else. I thought I would do a very subjective
peek at the looks that I really liked. This isn't all of my favorite looks,
rather it is a sampler of what I liked overall.
xoxo\\V
So I basically had to showcase Coco at the Zac Posen show.
Her new red locks look cute (though red is the colour of the moment..) and
though I am sort of sick of seeing her all over the place (TV, etc).. I couldn't resist
posting this look. She's still a pro.

Here is Liu Wen for Ruffian. I adored the looks of this collection, but especially
the styling. I think she looks dazzling here.

Here's Isabeli Fontana for Rag & Bone.
Overall not as enthused with their collection as I normally am,
but I love how chic this look is (and those socks!).

Perrenial favorite Proenza. I love this look, how edgy it
is. Though I thought the girls looked a little sallow..

Miuccia's collection for Prada was probably my favorite overall, despite the
simplicity. I chose this red look because it's Lara Stone (!!) but it was
hard to choose just one.

Love the Missoni mega-knit looks, even despite the
ultra-pastel colours. Love this capelet on Anya Kazakova.

LOVED everything about Marni. The styling, the looks,
the shoes, love, love, love.

I may have chosen this look from Luella because of Yulia's hair.. but
that skirt, and handbag are also delightful.

In the same way that I adore Lanvin to death for their bold choices, I am also
always such a huge fan of the construction and tailoring at Jil Sander.

Here's Edita at Pucci.
I want those shoes (kinda reminiscent of the Demeulemester's from a while ago)
and I want to wear them with that dress.

At Elise Øverland, I loved the metallics (even though everyone claims to
be sick of them). I also loved these shoes, worn by Jeneil.

This collection had so many to choose from. Here is Charlotte
Hoyer at Doo.Ri. Look at those stockings!

I wanted to see more of Stam. I love her walk, and her sneering, sexy face.
I also love her in this Christopher Kayne dress.

Had to pick a classic. Francisco Costa wowed me at Calvin Klein.

And finally, the blogger-favorite, Alexander Wang. I chose a white dress,
because a stylish friend tells me that the thing right now. I really like this
cut-out shoulder thing, and how the white is paired with those black booties.

all images borrowed from style.com

1 comment:

magdalyn said...

those doo.ri stockings are perfect, so is that fur collar. i really loved prada and marni as well (as usual).. prada looked miu miu-ish - which is never a bad thing. jil sandder and ck, as always, simplicity perfected.