Duo -- saws and files

















At left: Geoffrey Farmer
A Pale Fire Freedom Machine, 2005, Installation view, from series called The Power Plant, Toronto, Ontario.
At right: Photograph of Mowry Baden's saws. Photograph taken by me at his studio/workshop in Saanich.





Here is a new idea for a series of posts. I will call them duos. I will put two things together. Sometimes they'll go together in an obvious way (like these), other times the link may be more obtuse. yes- i just wanted to use the word obtuse. If you have good ideas for this.. let me know.

ps. I will be in Vancouver for 3 days. Then back in Victoria for 3 days. Then back in Van for 3 days, and so forth. work-related back and forthing.


3 comments:

PHOTOG said...

I really like the saw shot - the level of organization of different people is always interesting to capture.

Kiki said...

I am IN LOVE with your photograph - They are so similarly crisp and clear and bright and beautiful. This is why you must take more pictures ( like 1000 more a day).

Looking forward to your installation/gallery showing!
xoxoxoxoxoox

Hope the back and forthing is treating you well.
xoxox

♥ Callah said...

awesome idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with!