Victoria's Secret 2009



So I am not going to go on and on about this, but I will mention it just once.
Victoria's Secret is known for their spectacular shows, showcasing women wearing fabulous lingerie. There were a ton of new faces this year, and I approve with many of the choices, as you know. But I have to mention that I was sorely disappointed about the shapes and sizes of the girls. With the exception of the seasoned veterans, who will always be favourites (like Marissa Miller), I felt that most of the new girls were from the high fashion world, from the Paris runways, and that means absolutely stick-thin. I deplore this choice, I regret that they didn't use the VS show to embrace how women can look when they are healthy and happy. I acknowledge that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, but I am convinced that these gorgeous VS pieces look better on someone with a booty, and a cup size.
Here's what I mean. Above, Behati Prinsloo (a PINK spokesmodel). Below, Sessilee Lopez, Heidi Klum, and Doutzen Kroes.

3 comments:

Ish said...

Doutzen Kroes was totally made for VS... with that ass, oh my godddddd.

Did I miss the show? Was it yesterday?

Nerdic.. said...

I love Victoria Secret and Doutzen is gorgeous!
X, fashion-nerdic.

Faridah said...

Doutzen and Heidi were definitely the stand outs! They are the VS dream girl. I'm not too convinced on Abbey Lee as a VS model, as much as I love her. She just doesn't fit the part to me. I can't wait to watch the show, they are always so stunningly beautiful as they exude out-of-this-world confidence.

Thank you for your very sweet comment dear, you're lovely!